Thursday, December 14, 2017

Update on our MACUL project

A couple months ago I announced our project funded by a grant from MACUL. We have been working on it steadily, but we have progressed more slowly than we hoped! 

Brenda June and I have learned a lot as we've been creating video tutorials for and with students. I make a lot of videos, so this isn't new to me. But from choosing the scope of the tutorial to finding the best tools and workflow, it's been more challenging than I expected. 

We added a few more videos over the past weeks and now that we have a routine down I expect to have a few more from students before we go on break next week. Here is a summary of what we've done.

First, you might want to start at our Room 10 Learning Chats site. Besides the videos listed below, we also ask pre-questions for many videos and some of them have additional resources.

Our most popular video so far has been The Learning Journey, which I created with Brenda. We are still working on the follow-up video, Identifying Your Next Step.

These are the other tutorials Mrs. June and I created:
And these are the ones featuring students:
Keep in mind we are all still learning how to best churn out videos at a good rate. All of these videos have plenty of room for improvement. Many of the things we don't say in the video or the slight mistakes we left in can provide an opportunity for discussion in the classroom. 

Mrs. June, the students and I are very open to feedback. Please comment here or send me an email if you would like to suggest improvements or if you have any other thoughts to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment